Who We Are
The principal focus of the MITB-PAC is to support Members of Congress who work to achieve progressive and sensible immigration laws so that Mackinac Island and other seasonal businesses can get sufficient workers.
Mackinac Island Tourism Bureau PAC
Mackinac Island is a prime example of a destination that absolutely needs foreign seasonal workers to survive.
- Mackinac Island’s population is under 600-people
- Mackinac Island needs 5,000 seasonal workers every season
- Historically it takes nearly 1,000 foreign seasonal workers to get to the total amount of workers needed to stay in business.
- The 6-month tourism business generates nearly $300m in yearly revenue
- Area unemployment is under 4%
- Studies show one foreign season worker enables 4 U.S. workers to keep their jobs